[Fedora-xen] guest debian on fedora host with virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 12:25:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:43:01AM +0100, benjamin henrion wrote:
> Hello every body!
>
> I have installed Xen on fedora to try  virt-manager.
> All is allright to install an fedora guest.  But now i  want to install an
> debian guest .
> And i don't find the  address  to have the debian medium. I'have tried this
> one "
> http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/" and this one "
> http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/" but it doesn't match...
>
> I just know the Fedora medium:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
>
> So, please i need the address of the debian medium ...

Unfortunately the Debian trees are not setup in a way which allows us to do
paravirtualized Xen installs from virt-manager[1]. So for Debian you'll have to
use full-virt instead, or run the Debian bootstrap scripts to manually create
a DomU image.

Not much help for your situation, but we're prototyping support for installing
SuSE paravirt guests from virt-manager, now we've identified how their installer
can be booted under Xen.

Regards,
Dan.

[1] virt-manager requires a vmlinuz & initrd file for Xen kernel which is
    able to boot straight into the installer.