[Fedora-xen] FC6/Xen/CIFS mount broken

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:30:11 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, master at bradleyland.com <master at bradleyland.com> wrote:
> With further narrowing down, I've isolated my FC6/xen crashes to mounting
> a CIFS volume. A single mount is all that is required to cause the kernel
> oops.
>
> Please see fedora bugzilla # 214622.
>
> It looks as though the base kernel has been patched, but the xenified
> kernel has not. (?) If the xen kernels have been patched, then the problem
> still exists.
>
> Doesn't matter whether the Windows share is mounted rw or ro. Same
> behavior. No IO required. After the mount, the machine will crash within a
> minute or so, virtually every time so it should be easy to test.
>
> Can anyone tell me when the non-xen CIFS kernel patch will make it into
> the xen kernels? This bug has been driving me crazy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> [root at firewall2 ~]# uname -a
> Linux firewall2.xxxxxxx.com 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 10
> 19:47:12 EST 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

I have this exact same kernel, but in the amd64 variant, and am
mounting a CIFS filesystem exported from another Fedora 6 box without
difficulty.  No crashes or anything.  Is this i386-specific?

Jeremy

[jeremy at vulcan ~]$ uname -a
Linux vulcan.internal.jutley.org 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen #1 SMP Wed Jan
10 19:09:13 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[jeremy at vulcan ~]$ mount | grep cifs
//hurricane/storage on /mnt/storage type cifs (rw,mand)