[Fedora-xen] Cannot get xen on RHEL5 to use a RHEL4 repository

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 21:25:20 UTC 2007

You're on a 2850 so  I guess that means that you don't have VT support
on your cpu
Check this with

$ egrep “svm|vmx” /proc/cpuinfo
flags     : fpu tsc msr pae vmx mce cx8 ..

which will check for VMX (intel) or SVM (amd) support. if You don't get
vmx or svm in the output then you don't have the cpu extensions for full
virtualization.
So you'll have to use a para-virt install - today RHEL4 does not include
PV support - but RHEL4.5 (due feb/march) will include that support.

So probably what you're seeing is the install looking for the pv install
kernel - which should be in <install-root>/images/xen/vmlinuz  and since
it's not there you're getting a http error.