[Fedora-xen] destroydevice

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 21:36:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 10:28:32PM +0100, Jordi Prats wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems there's a problem on 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen xen kernel and the xm
> tool: creating a new VM it aborts showing this error:
>
> [root at inf16 ~]# xm create /etc/xen/rata.cfg
> Using config file "/etc/xen/rata.cfg".
> Error: destroyDevice() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
> [root at inf16 ~]#
>
> Anyone knows what is causing this? On the xen-users list there's some
> other messages related to this isue (one mine). Mats Petersson say that
> this may be causes by a backport.

Its a bug in one of the other patches we applied to the Xen RPM. I'll fix
it in the next release.

> There's something broken on the package? There's any easy workarround?

The error above isn't actually the root cause of your problems. What's
happened is that the hotplug scripts for your domain failed to complete
for some reason. Then when XenD is cleaning up from that failure, we
hit the bug above. So wrt to debugging your actual problems, ignore the
error message above. Instead look for a mis-configuration in either your
virtual network card or virtual disk config params.

Regards,
Dan.