[Fedora-xen] Re: DomU boot on Fedora 6 fails with 'no root found'error.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Wed Jan 31 16:27:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:13:35PM +0530, K T Ligesh wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 06:54:34AM -0800, master at bradleyland.com wrote:
> > I would agree it's broken as I've also been unable to get guests to work
> > "out of the box". I've found the problem to be a missing kernel module in
> > the initrd, required for disk access (xenblk.ko). If I build an initrd
> > with xenblk.ko included, guests boot fine.
> >
> > I just make an initrd this command:
> >
> > mkinitrd --with=xenblk.ko /boot/your_image_name.img your_kernelname
> >
> > Just use the kernel name from uname -a
> >
> > mkinitrd --with=xenblk.ko /boot/initrd_test.img 2.6.19-prepcifs_fix

 This is the actual error, the LVM errors turned out to be a red herring.

---------
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2049
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2050
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0

--------

 You were actually right. It appears the LVm errors were non-critical and the critical error is the lack of xen device drivers in the kernel or the initrd. I tried with --with=xenblk.ko, but didn't work. I will try once more and report back.

 Thanks for the solution.