[Fedora-xen] Re: DomU boot on Fedora 6 fails with 'no root found' error.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Wed Jan 31 18:52:28 UTC 2007

 mkinitrd has a major issue. It doesn't give error if the module we specify in the --with= doesn't exist. I gave mkintrd --with=gobble.kkk and it accepted it very happily and proceeded to create a initrd. What kind of initrd does this create? In fact, the initrd has no error checking whatsoever. The problem is that the xenblk.ko is not there in the initrd. It should actually be compiled into the kernel, at least the xen kernel. And I am completely confused why it isn't done so.

 Anyway, is there any place I can get a sane xen kernel for fc6? I checked the xensource, but they have it only for fc5.

 Thanks.