[Fedora-xen] Not seeing all RAM

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed Jul 4 20:55:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 14:03 -0300, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> with non xen kernel are you able to see all amount of memory ?

I haven't tried that, but I will tonight when I get home.  I'm expecting
the non-xen kernel to see all the RAM.

> have you take a look on your bios to check if your video card is not using
> your memory ?

It could be, but even if it was, it wouldn't be much.  I'm running the
dom0 on a real server, and the embedded graphics controller is very
simple.  At most, it's probably using 8 MB if it doesn't have it's own
dedicated memory.

I'm fairly certain the real problem is a bug in Fedora Core 6's xen
kernel.  When I upgraded to the lastest kernel version, the kernel
picked up more of the RAM.  There's still about 256 missing, but it's
better than the 512 MB that was missing with the older xen kernel.

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu