[Fedora-xen] easy way to configure domU

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:29:23 UTC 2007

Hi I am wondering is there an easy way to configure domU (vm) quickly, atm
we are using eg LV (Logical Volumes) to storge root, var and swap for VM and
then using

disk = [ 'phy:vg/myvmdisk1,sda1,w', ... ,...  ] to launch it.

We takes the tar gunzip of file system of root, var of currently running vm
and when need arrives we just have to created  LVs and untar the achieves
and launch the new vm with very little changes.

Only one problem in this approach is that we get little outdated vm which
need to update using 'yum'. So is there a way to start new vm fast and using
currently updated running vm file system?

Thanks. Askar.