[Fedora-xen] Re: easy way to configure domU

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 12:22:31 UTC 2007

Emre ERALTAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same console problem with Full Virtualization... As I am not
> using any graphic card, I would have liked to use a serial console to
> connect to my Full Virtualized DomU's console. Do anybody knows how to
> do this ?

Yes, it is actually all setup, you really just need to tell your virtual machine
to use the serial console.  So for instance, on the kernel command-line (in
grub) inside the domain, you would add:

console=ttyS0,115200

to the "kernel" line, and reboot.  You should also be able to tell grub to use
the serial console to allow you to select kernels, but I haven't tried that
personally.

Chris Lalancette