[Fedora-xen] Fw: [Xen-users] Congratulations to Xen team!

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 20:37:04 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 20:25 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 04:14:51PM -0300, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> > also there are lguest in 2.6.23
> >
> > lguest will be compiled as module in new fedora kernels ?
>
> We've no plans to include lguest in the Fedora kernels at this time. Again
> it is only available for i386. Its current purpose is as a means for kernel
> developers to research & experiment with virtualization ideas - not for end
> users to put into real world use - there is Xen & KVM for real world use in
> production.

One of the biggest restrictions that lguest maintains is that it is
guest and host kernel versions are tightly coupled - for the stated
purpose of lguest completely appropriate, but definitely limits is
usefulness as a replacement for pv Xen. So: even if lguest was in
Fedora, you'd probably not get from it what you'd like to get from it.

David