[Fedora-xen] RE: Upgrading Xen machines

Formoso, Travis Travis.Formoso at blueslate.net
Mon Jul 23 20:44:28 UTC 2007

I was thinking about this more and have not come up with a solid solution. Yes the new box does have Xen 3.0 and the older xen was running FC4 and I will assume Xen 2.0.

What is the best way to migrate the FC4 xen server over to the new server running FC6?

I want to get the image on the new server and then do an upgrade to it so it is running FC6.

Thanks!

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 03:51:21PM -0400, Formoso, Travis wrote:
> Minor update:
>
> I moved the vmlinuz-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4xenU to /boot on the new server and then ran:
>
> xm create -c /xen/sec-int-dns/xmconfig and got this error:
>
> Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

> I'm guesing you're trying a i386 kernel here ?  FC4 is using the obsolete
> non-PAE kernels, while FC6 and later are all PAE. You can't mix & match
> a PAE and non-PAE kernels in host & guest.

Dan.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
Blue Slate Solutions and the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.