[Fedora-xen] How to migrate a QEMU VM to Xen?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Jun 5 17:56:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:39:49AM -0400, Thomas Kocourek wrote:
> I have been using QEMU for some time and the virtual machine works very
> well. Is there a way to copy over the virtual machine from QEMU to XEN?

I was just thinking about this. Did anyone give details? Seems like you
ought to be able to create a config file, put a Xen kernel in, and be
good to go. I am about to try it, but I thought I would ask if you had
success, so I could avoid the similar mistakes.

apt-get install xen-linux-system-2.6.18-4-xen-686

Oops, I just used the Debian way. This is a Fedora list. Let's just
pretend you want a Debian image then.

yum install kernel-xen.i686

and then create a config file for the image, similar to this howto.

http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Xen_DomU_Guide

I'll give it a shot and see if it works!

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/