[Fedora-xen] F7 guest on a F7 host

Greg Huber ghuber at vanteon.com
Wed Jun 13 14:44:04 UTC 2007

I'm trying to install a F7 guest on a fresh F7 host.
I get all the way through virt-install and then open the guest.
I see a blip of text and then the screen goes blank and nothing
further happens, no disk or CDROM activity, and certainly no
install screen. After I 'shutdown' and 'run' I get....

HVMAssist BIOS, 1 cpu, $Revision: 1.38 $ $Date: 2005/05/07 15:55:26 $

ata0 master: QEMU HARDDISK ATA-7 Hard-Disk (16400 MBytes)
ata0   slave: Unknown device

Booting from Hard Disk
Boot from Hard Disk failed: not a bootable disk
FATAL: No Bootable device.

Which I assume means that nothing got loaded to the guest.
The same happens in text mode also.

If, however, I use a Fedora Core 6 install disk or a Windows XP install
disk,
I can complete the install.
I used the F7 install disk to build the host system and the media has been
checked. I also tried NFS mounting the image from another machine.

Thank You.

--
Greg Huber
Principal Engineer