[Fedora-xen] can't create domU after failed install

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri Jun 15 01:29:10 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to use virt-install for the first time to create a
paravirtualized CentOS 5 domU on a Fedora Core 6 dom0.  Here's the
command I used:

virt-install -n pbx -r 256 --vcpus=1 -m 00:16:3E:66:94:5D --vnc krs -p
-l http://blizzard/mirror/centos/5/os/i386

I'm then prompted to enter the disk I want to use, at which point I
enter "/dev/vg00/asterisk" (a LV I previously created).  At this point,
the install appears to start, but eventually fails, giving this reason:

Starting install...
ERROR:  Domain named pbx already exists!

There was a "pbx" config file in /etc/xen, but even after deleting it, I
get the same error when I try to recreate the domU.

I assume I can clear this from "memory", but how?  Rebooting dom0
doesn't help, so I'm assuming virt-install is pulling that info from
somewhere.

Regards,

Ranbir

--