[Fedora-xen] Removing PAE support in kernel-xen

Johan De Wit johan.dewit at external.thalesaleniaspace.com
Fri Jun 15 06:02:52 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I want to use xen and the virtualisation tools provided in FC7.  This
will be running on my laptop, which has no PAE support, since the max
ram = 2GB.

I already rebuilded the kerne-xen package, and removed pae support.

kernel-xen.spec line 94

%ifarch i686
%define buildpae 0
%define builddebug 0
# we build always xen HV with pae
%define xen_flags verbose=y crash_debug=y    <--- change this line,
remove the pae bit
%endif

And in SOURCES/kernel-2.6.20-i686-xen.config at the end

# CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y

But when installing an new xen guest with virt-manager, this doesn't
work.  I've setup a local repo, and now i'm looking to get rid of the
pae stuff that is builtin the <pathtorepo>/images/xen/[vmlinuz|
initrd.img]

Overwriting the vmlinuz with the kernel I rebuild with the above steps
doesnt't work well.

Searching the web didn't get me to a solution.

Could someone please direct me to a solution ?  I've looked into
anaconda, revision etc, but still cannot figure out how to fix my
problem.

Thanks

Johan