[Fedora-xen] Problem installing xen guest on Fedora Core 7

Mike mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 23:29:29 UTC 2007

Hi Travis,

It *is* working. It's just that the console has gone graphical at that
point.

>From a recent response I gave to someone with the same problem:

Hi Alex,

It *is* working. I ran into this myself with F7, and it took me a bit to
figure out what was going on. Your console has been redirected to the
graphical console from the serial console at that point in the guest
boot process. Here's what to do:

1) Fire up virt-manager in dom-0. You'll see your guest running (xm and
virsh will show it as blocked). From the 'view' menu, select the
graphical console and you'll get your guest's login screen.

2) In order to have the output of your guest appear in both consoles,
add the following to your guest's kernel line in grub.conf:

console=tty console=xvc0,9600n8

Now you'll see all the output in both the text and the graphical console.

Note that you'll also need to edit /etc/securetty and add 'xvc0', and
check /etc/inittab and make sure you have a line like:

co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty xvc0 9600 vt100-nav

as well.

Good luck.

Mike