[Fedora-xen] Domain 0 reboot when network flow is heavy

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 08:25:20 UTC 2007

Xin Chen wrote:
> Thanks for quick response, Richard.
>
> Yes, it is similar but two differences:
>
> 1, instead of cpu lock, my domain 0 simply just reboot itself~~

The default configuration of Xen is that it will reboot if it detects
that dom0 has crashed.  To stop it doing this (so you can see any
console messages), add noreboot to the Xen hypervisor command line.  ie.
in /boot/grub/menu.lst, locate the line which says:

	kernel /xen.gz-XXX.fc6

and add:

	kernel /xen.gz-XXX.fc6 noreboot

> 2, I can't find any error message in the log, it is like a power off the
> machine.
>
> I thought it might be network I/O, but if using ftp, then there is no
> errors~, maybe a disk I/O, then I try cp a 10gb file to local drive on
> domain 0, it works as well.

 From the other reports, it does look like it has something to do with
network I/O.

Rich.