[Fedora-xen] 64bit Hypervisor on 32bit OS

thewird thewird at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 05:05:48 UTC 2007

I've been reading about how to make Xen show more then
16GB of ram and still support 32bit but so far all my
attempts have not worked. FC7 was supposed to be able
to run 32bit guests on its 64bit OS but because of a
feature freeze, this was not possible even though it
still says you can do it in the release notes which I
find ridiculous.

Anyway, someone told me if I replace the hypervisor
with the 64bit counterpart, then I should be able to
see more the 16GB of memory and be able to run 32bit
guests. I did this by extracting the files from the
64bit RPM and replaced the xen.gz-2.6.20-2925.11.fc7
file with the one from the 64bit RPM and rebooted. The
OS booted fine, however, when I tried
running/installing a 32bit domU the console would not
load or would lock up almost immediately.

I can't think of anything else to try and any help
would be greatly appreciated.

thewird