[Fedora-xen] physical memory is reduced :-(

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 02:48:13 UTC 2007

Deependra Shekhawat wrote:

> You can do the same via virsh too.
> By the way can someone tell me why doesn't the RAM which was used by the
> VM is given back to Domain 0 automatically when the VM shuts down.

I believe the dom0 is expecting another guest to use that memory fairly
soon.  In other words, why waste time ballooning up dom0, just to
balloon down again when another guest starts?  Especially with large
amounts of memory, this can take a significant amount of time, so it
tries to avoid that.

Chris Lalancette