[Fedora-xen] Is my guest hosed?

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 16:44:53 UTC 2007

Brian Leyton wrote:

> In any case, I was able to get Xen started too.  But the guest would not
> start up, because the kernel I had deleted was the one that this guest
> needed.  I tried changing the .cfg file to point to a newer kernel, but
> though the guest would start up, it will not run properly with the newer
> kernel.

What does "not run properly" mean?  It really should be able to boot with the
2.6.18 or 2.6.19 kernels; I have FC6 guests at home booting with that.  What
kind of errors are you getting when trying to boot those?  I think your best bet
is going to figure out why those won't boot, and rectify that situation.

Chris Lalancette