[Fedora-xen] Fedora 6 live migration

Adrian Revill adrian.revill at shazamteam.net
Fri Mar 9 07:34:46 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have set up 2 machines called FedOne (4cpu)and FedTwo (2cpu) with FC6
and a third machine to act as an iSCSI target.

On each Dom0 i have started the iSCSI inititaor and ensured the devices
have identical names.

I have created a FC6 guest and can successfully start it on either
FedOne or FedTwo, so im confident the DomU is good.

I have enabled the migration interface and can start a migration from
either machine, but i have only been successful the very first time i
did it.

When i start the live migration from say FedOne to FedTwo, i see the new
DomU created and paused on FrdTwo, and the DomU enters the state Shutoff
(in virt-manager)

Then i can get 2 outcomes, it either just stays in that state, and the
DomU stays working.
Or the DomU migrates and then appears to hang (ie i cant ssh into it,
and existing ssh sessions hang) Also the console from virt-manager says
its unavailable, and the virt-manager on FedTwo shows the DomU using 50%
CPU,.
If i now migrate back to FedOne, it stays in a hung state, but also the
virt-manager reports 25% CPU usage.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also what should a normal migration do? When i ran it, it simply stopped
the DomU and created a new one on the other machine (booted it up)

Adrian