[Fedora-xen] Network setup under Xen

Cam Macdonell cam at cs.ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 15 19:53:51 UTC 2007

Abhishek Gaurav wrote:
> Cam Macdonell wrote:
>> Авраменко Андрей wrote:
>>

>>> Have you a line like "vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:4a:df:ac, bridge=xenbr0',
>>> ]" in your config file?
>>>

>> Should this be in xend-config.sxp or a config file for a particular VM?
>
> The line "vif = [ 'mac..." is the network specification for the VM and
> tells Xen what mac address and bridge to use. So they should be in the
> VM config file. The xend-config.xsp contains configuration parameters
> for the Xen deamon and not the VMs.

Ok, so I guess my problem is that my network does not work when I boot
my machine with the Xen kernel (which starts that daemon).  I can see
4 veth/vif0 interfaces, but they're all down.

I get the error "SIOCSIFNAME: No such device" when I run

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Cam