[Fedora-xen] What do I do after guest install?

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:48:49 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, fedora-xen at jks.tupari.net <fedora-xen at jks.tupari.net> wrote:
> I successfully ran the CentOS 5 installer.  I got the point where it said
> "remove install media and reboot machine" and then the guest disappeared.
> How do I start up my new guest?

As root, simply type "xm create -c {vm-name}" where vm-name is the
name you specified when running virt-install.  That will create the
virtual machine, and display it's console.  To detach from the console
on the virtual machine and return to your Dom0, hit Ctrl-], and to
re-attach, do "xm console {vm-name}"

HTH,

Jeremy