[Fedora-xen] Status of Xen on FC6 2.6.20.x

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri May 25 15:54:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:47:19 +0100
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 08:44:14AM -0400, Jeff Layton wrote:
> >> The only issue I've seen with this kernel is that my machine hangs just
> >> after "System halted" on shutdown (it never powers off). I'm thinking
> >> that that's likely unrelated to the HV fixes, however.
> >
> > Yep, please file a separate bug report for the shutdown problem - its likely
> > to be particular to your hardware.
>
> So it's *not* supposed to do that ?!
>
> I thought that was a Xen-not-supporting-ACPI thing, rather than a bug,
> but if not I'll add to the bug report.
>
> Rich.

I opened a bug for this issue:

bz 241381

2.6.19-based xen kernels could power themselves off, and "normal" 2.6.20-based kernels could as well. The problem seems to be localized to 2.6.20-based xen kernels. Not much hw info in there now, but I can certainly post some on request...

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>