[Fedora-xen] Recompilation or Disassembly Prohibited

Elizeu Santos-Neto elsantosneto at gmail.com
Thu May 31 04:30:06 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

My machine have the following configuration:

Motherboead: Intel Chipset DQ965GF
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz
Video: Intel Broadwater-G

I've installed Fedora 6 + xen-kernel version 2.6.20-2952 using the
"yum" based set of steps.

So, when I boot, everything goes well up to the point where the
graphical login screen is going to show up. It's when I get the
following message:

Intel Broadwater-G PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build number: 1348 PC 14.18 06/22/2006 11:01:34
RECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED
Copyright....

The interesting part is that I'm able to login to the machine via SSH,
but not interactively. Looking at the /var/log/messages e xen related
logs, there is no error message that may give some clue.

# xm dmesg also does not give any info.

So, have you guys seen such problem before? Do you guys know if any
boot option could cause this behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Elizeu