[Fedora-xen] Fedora 8, qemu-kvm and networking

John Lagrue jlagrue at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:04:49 UTC 2007

Having installed F8 and tried out the latest virt-manager, I have to say I'm
impressed.

But........I am still utterly baffled by guest networking.

What I *want* to do is have a Windows XP guest that runs on the same network
as my laptop, the host; in other words, the guest should be able to access
all the network that the laptop can see. But I can't for the life of me find
out how to do this.

I'll put up,if I have to, with the guest only working through the eth0
interface (though it would be nicer if it could work via wireless too). But
I can't find any documentation that discusses this that isn't either at
least a year old, or is written for someone who already knows the answer and
understands the jargon of virtual networking.

Can anyone help, or at least point me to a reasonably clear how-to ? Note
that I am not running XEN ( I need Windows) and am doing this with qemu-kvm.

John