[Fedora-xen] recompile for using sdl and vnc

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 14:14:22 UTC 2007

mathieu rohon wrote:
> With sdl display, I don't any mouse and keyboard issues, that's not the case
> in VNC. Tha fact that te VM dies when the X session dies is not a matter for
> me.
> My aim is to have a Windows VM which works as if it was not in a VM. Thanks
> to sdl display, the windows VM is more fluid. But I'd like to use VNC if I
> can have the same result.

Have you tried virt-viewer (it's in recent Fedora) instead of vncviewer
or the default virt-manager widget?

Also I've found that setting up libvirt to use a USB graphics tablet
instead of the default PS/2 mouse improves mouse handling no end.

> In a second hand, I'd like to have a local AND remote display. With VNC, I
> can't have both at the same time. I though  that I could have it thanks to
> SDL (for local) and VNC (for remote).

VNC should support screen sharing, if that's what you want.  Or do you
mean two separate displays?  Perhaps rdesktop would suit you.

> Is there a way, with VNC, to configure two access (local and remote) to the
> VM at the same time?

vncviewer -Shared.  Not sure if there is a virt-viewer option for this.

Rich.