[Fedora-xen] Problems with fedora 7 paravirtualize

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 10:18:11 UTC 2007

neohtm wrote:
> I'm using Fedora 7 with xen's virt-manager. I'd manage to install a full
> virtualized WinXp domU after changing the settings in .xml files. Now I
> would like to try to install the paravirtualize fedora 7 using virt-manager
>

> I'm using this install media address >
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/

That's actually FC6.

> And the virt-manager console was managed to show up the installation screen.
> After the normal steps of the installation, the console was hanged when it
> shows the 'Retrieving image2'

Yes, I've heard of bugs like this too ...

> I even had tried to used the Fedora 7 installation DVD as the installation
> media but it's cant detect the cdrom when the installation begins. I'd
> googled and find out that I can export the DVD using a FTP/NFS/HTTP from
> dom0 host, but how to do this?
>

> According to Sadique, the Fedora 8 seems to have a better and easy
> virt-manager to manipulate the Xen virtualization. How to upgrade the fedora
> 7's virt-manager to fedora 8's?

You'll probably want to upgrade more than just virt-manager.  At least
libvirt, python-virtinst, xen and kernel-xen.

Enable the Fedora development repository while installing these by doing:

   yum --enablerepo=development install xen [etc...]

Rich.