[Fedora-xen] Xen Virt-Manager odd reaction

Warren Sypteras slbubba at charter.net
Fri Oct 5 15:17:25 UTC 2007

Folks;

I have a small problem here that perhaps someone knows the answer to.

I'm running the following:

    kernel xen 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5
    xen  3.0.3-25.0.4.el5
    virt-manager-0.2.6-7.0.2.el5

When using virt-manager to add a new VM (in this case Fedora core 6) the
installation moves along smoothly and the VM is displayed in the main
virt-manager window under dom-0.

At the end of the VM installation the screen to remove all disks and
click the reboot button appears.

Clicking on "reboot" in the VM window starts the reboot process.
However,  the VM entry in the virt-manager window disappears, the VM
console disappears, and the VM never comes back.

The VM flat file is there (in my case it's /opt/vm01a)  and the correct
size but virt-manager does not see the VM, only dom-0.

I've gone through this multiple times and now have 3 VM's but no way to
access them.

Where is the data for the VM kept that virt-manager uses?   Why is
virt-manager acting this way?  Any patches, fixes, different revs?

Thanks

Warren