[Fedora-xen] Re: virt-manager "Cannot allocate memory" creating Win2K3 HVM

Andy Burns fedora.lists at burns.me.uk
Fri Oct 5 20:16:03 UTC 2007

On 05/10/2007, Andy Burns <fedora.lists at burns.me.uk> wrote:

> Rebooting the dom0 is to be avoided if possible

Couldn't think of anything else, so I did have to reboot, started a
couple of important domU guests and then installed the Win2K3 ok.

One question about windows HVM installation, given that virt-manager
has the hint that windows is the os being installed, why does the
installer delete the CD-DROM driver after the text part of install?
this guarantees that the GUI part will fail due to being unable to
copy remaining files from CD, the error message windows gives is none
to helpful either (can't blame xen/virt-manager for that I guess)

My way around this problem is to virsh dumpxml the domU to a file
while the text part of install is on-going, then when it reboots I
virsh undefine it  and virsh define it back from the file again.

Is there any prospect of this being handled in a more user-friendly
way with FC8?