[Fedora-xen] Can't ping windows HVM machine

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Mon Oct 15 16:15:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
using fc8-test2 updated with all packages available I could
successfully install a windows xp machine, but I can't
even ping it (although windows can ping my fedora and internet
overall).
The ip assigned to windows is in the range 192.168.122.x (assigned
to a virtual nic) while the ip assigned to fedora is 192.168.2.102.

route -n shows everything correctly set up (192.168.122.0/24
going through the virtual interface (virbr0 IIRC)), but still
I can't ping the virtual machine, even if I run
$ /etc/init.d/iptables stop

What did I do wrong?
BTW, since it's well known that in the virtual machine the usb mouse
must be replace with a usb tablet to make the pointer work correctly,
I guess that this option should be set by default rather than making
users swear for hours :)

Thanks,
	Nico