[Fedora-xen] No agpgart? What?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Mon Oct 15 18:56:13 UTC 2007

This is a repost, since I got some weird message from the mail
server that it thought it was spam.  Forgive me if you've seen
it before.

I'm trying to get an F7-based Xen dom0 running on my laptop (I need
to run Vista as a domU, ugh!).  The laptop is an HP dv6000 with an
Intel Duo Core proc and has the Intel graphics chipset.

The laptop runs perfectly fine under standard F7, but the xen kernel
doesn't create the agpgart devices as witnessed by the Xorg.0.log:

(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
(WW) intel(0): /dev/agpgart is either not available, or no memory is
available for allocation.  Using pre-allocated memory only.

and hence, I can't use X (which makes Xen fairly useless to me).  This
is a fully updated F7.  Relevant modules:

	kernel-xen-2.6.20-2936.fc7
	xen-libs-3.1.0-6.fc7
	xen-3.1.0-6.fc7

Any ideas?
- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -