[Fedora-xen] Re: problem creating my 1st VM

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Fri Oct 26 16:04:49 UTC 2007

	In the e-mail I just sent, I showed an example for using initrd.
Try that.  However, the virtual hda should not be detected as a generic scsi
device, it should be detected as a generic ide device.  A virtual sda might
be detected as a scsi device, but I don't know if you can even do that in a
paravirtualized environment (I think you can in an HVM, but the virtual BIOS
won't boot to a scsi device in that situation).  The unknown block device
error could be happening because the xdi file is "partitioned" and should be
connected as hda (as previously suggested by another member and again by
myself in my previous [just sent] e-mail) instead of hda1.  If that is the
case, you wouldn't be able to also add an hda2 and might have to use hdb1 if
you need additional partitions / drives on your vm, but if it is
"partitioned" it likely has a swap partition anyway.
	Dustin