[Fedora-xen] Re: Error: (9, 'Bad file descriptor')

Anand Gupta xen.mails at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:51:31 UTC 2007

I also created a fresh domU using the wiki article located at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU

After this since i have to use lvm, i created a new lvm volume, mounted the
file, copied the first partition contents to the lvm volume. Now when i try
to boot the lvm volume, it gives me the below error

mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
> Setting up other filesystems.
> Setting up new root fs
> setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
> no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
> setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
> setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
> Switching to new root and running init.
> unmounting old /dev
> unmounting old /proc
> unmounting old /sys
> switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Here is the config file

name = "new2"
memory = "512"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VolGroup00/new2,xvda1,w',]
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', ]
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
vcpus=7
extra="single"
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

In the above i tried both xvda and xvda1, they give the same error.

/etc/fstab inside the lvm volume

/dev/xvda1              /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0

Any pointers / ideas on how to fix the problems will be appreciated.

--
regards,

Anand Gupta