[Fedora-xen] Mouse problem with FC7 uptodate, Windows XP virt machine, rdesktop connection.

Eduardo Habkost ehabkost at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 17:50:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 06:16:49PM +0200, NoisilySilent wrote:
<snip>

> Now when I connect to the Windows XP virtual machine via rdesktop, after a
> few minutes the trackpoint and the mouse get weird: when using either the
> trackpoint or the mouse moving rightwards, the pointer gets "stuck" on the
> left border of the screen whereas I can still use the touchpad and things
> don't get messed up.
>
> However, when using FC7 without XEN, I don't encounter this trouble.
>
> Have you ever heard of such a problem?

I had this weird cursor behaviour last week, on Fedora 7. I was running
a Xen kernel, also (2.6.20-2931, probably; but it could be a different
version).

If I recall correctly, I didn't have any guest running at the time. It
happened when I started an Eclipse-based application[1]. The cursor
could be moved to the right, but only if I moved the mouse very slowly.

On my case, it was a desktop machine, so I didn't have a touchpad,
just an USB mouse.

However, I didn't manage to reproduce the problem today. Is it easily
reproducible, on your case?

[1] It was a IDE from QNX I had just installed for testing.

--
Eduardo