[Fedora-xen] RE: Newby Help

Walter Coole WCoole at aperiogroup.com
Wed Apr 9 17:52:33 UTC 2008

With a lot of help and trying things without much of a clue, I think
I've gotten virt-install to create a machine image, but that machine
boots into an Anaconda session that hangs.  The error says:

Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing
repodata directory.  Please ensure that your install tree has
been correctly generated.  Cannot open/read repomd.xml file
for repository: anaconda-base-200610172015.x86_64

Can anyone tell me where this repomd.xml file is supposed to be?  Or a
way to validate my install tree?  Or a better way to build an install
tree than turning wget loose on
download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64 ?

I've gone through a couple of sets of instructions that have failed for
me in a variety of ways that I don't seem to be able to cope with.
Since someone seems to be able to use Xen, I'm apparently doing
something clueless that isn't covered by those instructions.  If someone
can provide some guidance, I'd be happy to start over from scratch.

Extremely grateful for any hints,
Walter