[Fedora-xen] iwl3945 driver

Jason Solan jsolan at knouse.com
Fri Apr 18 13:28:32 UTC 2008

Hello,
  Thanks for the information.
  Where can I find this driver?  Will it work with xen?
  On Fedora 8 standard, the driver loaded automatically was iwl3945.

I didn't mention it earlier, but the network device is the intel pro
wireless 3945 ABG.

Also, I have tried using ndiswrapper for the wireless card, and it
almost works.  I installed ndiswrapper from the livna repository and
installed my windows driver.  If I rmmod iwl3945, then insmod
ndiswrapper, i get a kernel oops, but the wireless card still works.
If I try to enable ndiswrapper at boot time (/etc/modprobe.conf) then
the kernel dump causes the system to crash.

Has anyone had any luck with ndiswrapper and xen?

As I understand it, Fedora 9 does not have dom0 support, so I'd really
like to get wireless working under Fedora 8 xen.  I've also tried usb
wireless cards, but they seem to cause a kernel dump as soon as I enable
them.

Thanks,

--Jason