[Fedora-xen] Serial console as well as serial access for apps

bcrawfo2 scott-forum at scottkate.com
Tue Apr 22 00:26:50 UTC 2008

I have 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5xen on a box with an on-board serial port I want to
use for console access to my dom0.  I also have a 4 port serial card I want
to use on the dom0 as well.  I can configure one or the other...access to
the console, or access to the 4 port serials.   I can't figure out how to do
both.
When I get console to work, dmesg | grep ttyS only shows it binding to the
virtual console...no others.

I do use domUs, but don't have a direct need for serials there.  I could, if
I had to...move the serial apps over to a domU, but that would be un-ideal.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott