[Fedora-xen] Installing FC9 guest on Centos 5 fails installing OO writer2latex

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 09:16:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Kenneth Tanzer wrote:

> The host machine has 12GB of RAM.  I tried increasing the guest to 1G/2G
> (min/max), but that didn't help.  By skipping the OO packages, though, I was
> able to get FC9 installed and running.  (Thank you!)

If leaving out the OO packages fixes it then it does look like you are
running into some sort of low-memory situation, though 1Gb should be more
than enough (I was seeing the problems I was referring to with something
like 256Mb). The only other explanation I can think of is that you are
installing without any swap space allocated, since that would increase the
pressure on whatever memory you did have.

 	Michael Young