[Fedora-xen] Creating multiple xen bridges

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sat Aug 2 13:10:24 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 13:29 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
> My machine has two NICs, with xen3.2.0 eth0 is renamed to peth0 and
> enslaved to bridge eth0, I now want to use eth1 inside a domU, if I
> manually create the eth1 bridge it all works fine, but I'd like the
> "cleanest" way for it to be re-created after a reboot of dom0
>
> I found the line in xend-config.sxp where it calls
>
> (network-script network-bridge)
>
> I changed it so that it was
>
> (network-script network-bridge netdev=eth0)
> (network-script network-bridge netdev=eth1)
>
> expecting this would work, but after rebooting dom0, I still only get
> the eth0 bridge, any suggestions for clean ways to add the second
> bridge?

Change that line to this:

(network-script network-bridge-wrapper)

Then create the following custom script named, network-bridge-wrapper,
in the scripts folder:

#!/bin/bash

dir=$(dirname "$0")

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1

I got this from a Novell support page when I was searching for a
solution to start multiple bridges.

HTH,

Ranbir