[Fedora-xen] [Xen-devel] ANNOUNCE: Xen 3.3.0 released!
pasik at iki.fi
Sat Aug 23 20:02:39 UTC 2008
----- Forwarded message from Keir Fraser <keir.fraser at eu.citrix.com> -----
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser at eu.citrix.com>
To: "xen-devel at lists.xensource.com" <xen-devel at lists.xensource.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:53:35 +0100
Subject: [Xen-devel] ANNOUNCE: Xen 3.3.0 released!
We're pleased to announce the official release of Xen 3.3.0!
This is a major new release with a host of new features including:
- Power management (P & C states) in the hypervisor
- HVM emulation domains ('qemu-on-minios') for better scalability,
performance and security
- PVGrub: boot PV kernels using real GRUB inside the PV domain
- Better PV performance: domain lock removed from pagetable-update paths
- Shadow3: optimisations to make this the best shadow pagetable algorithm
yet, making HVM performance better than ever
- Hardware Assisted Paging enhancements: 2MB page support for better TLB
- CPUID feature levelling: allows safe domain migration across systems with
different CPU models.
- PVSCSI drivers for SCSI access direct into PV guests
- HVM framebuffer optimisations: scan for framebuffer updates more
- Device passthrough enhancements
- Full x86 real-mode emulation for HVM guests on Intel VT: supports a much
wider range of legacy guest OSes
- New qemu merge with upstream development
- Many other changes in both x86 and IA64 ports
You can get the source using mercurial from:
A pre-prepared source tarball is available from:
(please ignore the 'Xen 3.2' graphic used in the download listing :-).
Keir (on behalf of the whole Xen dev team)
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel at lists.xensource.com
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the Fedora-xen