[Fedora-xen] How To Test Dom0 Xen Support In Fedora 10

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 11 23:29:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm an experienced IBM mainframe programmer with just a little C and
Java coding experience. I have no experience in the programming part of
virtualization. I currently do have CentOS 5.2 running as a guest under
VMWare workstation (an older version which is about a year old, running
on a Fedora 7 host. And yes, I know Fedora 7 is long out of date.)

I would like to jump in the water and get my feet wet, though. Can
someone like me test Dom0 Xen support in Fedora 10? If so, is there a
web resource somewhere spelling out how to get started with testing? I
will need the steps involved in patching and building a test kernel
pointed out to me.

I just bought a new laptop, the Dell Latitude E6400 with the Intel P9500
processor. I think this processor has virtualization technology (vmx
extensions?) so the hardware for testing is there.

Thanks

Bob Cochran