[Fedora-xen] How To Test Dom0 Xen Support In Fedora 10

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 10:22:45 UTC 2008

  Hi,

> I would like to jump in the water and get my feet wet, though. Can
> someone like me test Dom0 Xen support in Fedora 10?

Nothing upstream yet, nothing packaged yet.  The dom0 patch queue seems
to reach the state where the system boots now though.  If you are
willing and able to build your own kernels you can watch the xen-devel
list, build and test dom0 pv_ops kernels, to help upstream get the job done.

If all goes well the first dom0 support bits should be ready for the
next merge window, i.e. make it into 2.6.29.  If that happens rawhide
should have kernel packages with (probably limited) dom0 support ready
for testing early next year.  fedora10 packages will have to wait until
2.6.29-final is released, which is probably 3-4 months from now.

HTH,
  Gerd