[Fedora-xen] KVM Networking Question

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 16:23:44 UTC 2008

hi Robert,

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net>wrote:

> How do I change the networking in Virtual Machine Manager to simply pass
> all the dhcp calls to my network? Or is there a good reason to let the
> Manager do its own 192.168.122.x network?

I'm not using Fedora 10 but Pardus. Nevertheless, I had a similar problem
with bridged networking, I couldn't get it to work with Virtual Machine
Manager. Maybe the support was missing from my version.

Basically, what you need to do is:
1) Create a network bridge
2) Create an ifup script
3) when starting kvm, start it with tap networking and then use the script
(2) to add that tap adapter to the bridge (1).

I use qtemu svn as a graphic frontend, until things get easier with
Virt-Manager, with this bridged networking and virtio stuff.

Emre