[Fedora-xen] Re: How is network bridging for Xen handled in F7?

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Feb 6 17:28:37 UTC 2008

Robin Bowes wrote:

> How come xenbr0 was not recognised? Do I need to update some other
> packages, or should I use virsh?

OK, I've answered my own question.

I've rebuilt the following packages from Fedora 8 on CentOS 5.1 x86_64,
added them to my own yum repo, then done a clean kickstart install of
CentOS 5.1 using my yum repo as a source.

The result? It all seems to be working very nicely! The networking on my
old domains (that use xenbr0 in the config files) work without any
modification.

These are the packages I re-built:

	libvirt-0.4.0-4
	virt-viewer-0.0.2-2
	xen-libs-3.1.2-1
	gtk-vnc-0.2.0-4
	libvirt-python-0.4.0-4
	python-virtinst-0.300.2-2
	xen-3.1.2-1.x86_64

The binaries are in my repo here:

	http://repo.yo61.net/

Specifically, here:

	http://repo.yo61.net/centos/5/x86_64/RPMS/

Hopefully, this will keep me going for a while!

R.