[Fedora-xen] virt-clone/Fedora 8/Xen3.1 ... ERROR: Disk size must be an int or a float.

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 17:30:21 UTC 2008

christf1 wrote:
> I tried the latest dev stream, and continued to have the problem. The quick
> fix is to simply touch the target file before launching 'virt-clone'
>
> touch <dir_to_VMs>/newvm.img
> virt-clone -o existing_vm -n new_vm -o <dir_to_VMs>/newvm.img
>
> Cheers!

I'm not seeing this:

hg clone http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel
cd virtinst--devel
./virt-clone -o xen-pv -n clone-pv -f /idontexist.img

starts working, for an existing turned off guest named xen-pv on f8.
Is there anything you are doing differently? If so, can you detail it
and post the complete error message?

Thanks,
Cole