[Fedora-xen] virt-clone/Fedora 8/Xen3.1 ... ERROR: Disk size must be an int or a float.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 17:35:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:49:55PM +0500, Asrai khn wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 8:24 PM, christf1 <christf1 at nortel.com> wrote:
>

> > I tried the latest dev stream, and continued to have the problem. The
> > quick
> > fix is to simply touch the target file before launching 'virt-clone'
> >
> > touch <dir_to_VMs>/newvm.img
> > virt-clone -o existing_vm -n new_vm -o <dir_to_VMs>/newvm.img
> >

> hi,
>
> i wonders virt-clone will work when one is doing LVM for domUs fro example
> here is mine virutal config file

It won't care what type of storage the original VM is using - it'll
simply read the data off the original disk whether its a file or
block device or LVM vol.

If you want to use LVM volumes in the destination VM, then you currently
need to manually create the LVM volume ahead of time - virt-clone itself
will not create new LVM volumes for you. This is in the future feature
list though, once libvirt storage management APIs are merged.

Dan.