[Fedora-xen] domU stops at --> EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:29:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Naveen R <raveenr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Todd Deshane <deshantm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Naveen R <raveenr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everyone, i am using fedora 7 and tried to run the xen images
> > > available at jailtime.org site and was able to start the os but it
> > > stops after the following log and will not proceed any further. The state in
> > > virt-manager shows its running but the console stops after the following.
> > > Can anyone tell me whats the problem. Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > Try to Add the following line the guest config file:
> >
> > extra="xencons=tty"
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Todd
> >

> Thanks Todd i tried that but it the problem was not solved these are the
> last few lines after adding that..

Since the errors are dealing with irqs, one thing might be to try using
noirqbalance.

I haven't used it much, but you could try adding noirqbalance to your xen
hypervisor (kernel) command line in grub.

It might be a general linux command line option that you could add in extra
of your domU or even for the dom0 kernel, but I am not sure about the later
two.

Todd