[Fedora-xen] How to re-reading the xen guest config file

Sadique Puthen sputhenp at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 14:43:43 UTC 2008

Terry Gotzon wrote:
> What I am trying to do is add additional memory or CPU's to a running
> xen guest that is already at the maximum allocated from build time.
> Currently, I edit the config file for the guest and increase the
> memory or cpu and then shutdown and start the VM.

If the guest has reached "maxmem" configured via the configuration file,
you should restart your guest to allocate more memory. What you can do
is configure "maxmem" to the maximum available memory and adjust the
current memory when you need it using  "virsh setmem <domain> <memory in
KB>"

 <memory>1048576</memory>
  <currentMemory>512000</currentMemory>

Here memory is the maxmemory and currentMemory is what the guest has
been allocated currently.

--Sadique