[Fedora-xen] Prebuilt images for non-Fedora DomU's?

Evan Lavelle sa212+fcxen at cyconix.com
Fri Feb 29 11:42:31 UTC 2008

I've just had a go at installing the Debian 4.0 jailtime image on a
Fedora 8 Dom0, but had no luck. I've just posted on the xen list about
this, but the summary is that the debian image has an empty /boot
directory, the jailtime config file doesn't use pygrub, and the config
file expects to find "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen" on the Dom0, which of
course I haven't got on Fedora 8.

Has anyone had any luck installing prebuilt "foreign" distributions on
Fedora 8, or do you all roll your own DomU's?

If you have found any usable images, can you give me a URL? I'm looking
for Debian 4.0 or Centos 5.0 or, failing that, Ubuntu 6.0.6 or Gentoo
2006.1.

I haven't tried virt-install because the FC7 docs say "With Fedora 7,
installation of Fedora 7 guests using anaconda is supported". Presumably
this means that it doesn't work for non-Fedora DomU's?

Thanks -

Evan